- 月 Monday Screening
- Time: 15:00–18:00; Location: Theatre Lounge
- 水 Wednesday Art Class
- Time: 15:00–18:00; Location: CB02.05.33
- 木 Thursday Screening
- Time: 17:00–19:00; Location: CB02.05.32
- 金 Friday Game&Funs
- Time: 14:30–18:00; Location: CB02.04.23
Geek Week Gunpla Workshop!
As a part of UTS Geek Week you can take part in our Gunpla building activity run by anime@UTS! Tickets are only $5 per person, the cost of which includes equipment to build a Petit Bearguy kit (rrp $9.50) from HobbyCo, as well as materials to decorate them – like GLITTER!!! The event will be held in the UTS Concourse (UTS Building 1 Level 3).
We will take sign ups up til the 29th of April, so be sure to sign up quick! We will only be taking 1 sign up per person per session, so that we can spread the joys of Gunpla as far as possible!, and there are only 60 spots, 20 per session so rish, rush, RUSH!!
The sign up page will be posted soon so keep an eye out :D
There will be 3 sessions on the 6th of May;
The colour kit you receive is first come first serve on the day, but don’t worry, they all look cool.
*Please ensure you buy the correct ticket for the session time you wish to join as there are no refunds*
Geek Week will also have a special Monday screening of anime movies: Howl’s Moving Castle and Paprika! It will be in our usual Theatre Lounge room from 3-6pm :D
Date: Friday, 6th May
Time: See above for session times
Location: UTS Concourse
FB Link: here.
Triweekly Friday Animahjong!
YO GUYS anime@UTS is going to be having triweekly Animahjong sessions with Mahjong@UTS starting on the 22nd April, and then every third week from there!
What is Animahjong you ask?? It’s basically anime@UTS’ usual Game and Funs from 2:00-6:00pm, but with a heavy dose of Mahjong@UTS’ Mahjong! Kapow! It’ll be running from CB02.4.23, so any regulars of our G&F should come, and any mahjong enthusiasts should come even more!
Saki may be screened ;) ;) ;)
Time: 22nd April, 2:00-6:00pm
FB Event: link
[Anime@UTS] Monthly Newsletter – April Edition
Hello fellow anime fans! Hope you have all been enjoying the first few weeks of uni. As for me, I can already start to feel myself slowly dying, haha..ha..haha…
Anyway as you may or may not know, our weekly events have begun! This means that if you ever have some spare time between your studies you can come along and chill with us for some good old anime, drawing or playing games!
To start with some sad news, Kouji Wada, the singer of the original Digimon theme song Butterfly passed away due to cancer on April 3rd. As a long-time Digimon fan, you will be dearly missed.
Are you a Shirobako fan? If so, here’s something you might wanna hear: during a panel at the Tokyo Anime Award Festival (TAAF) last month, the producers at P.A. Works got together and discussed thepossibility of a sequel. Infinite producer Takayuki Nagatani stated “We wanted people who watched Shirobako to get a lot out of the show. If we could decide on a theme, there might be a chance [for a sequel].”
WHEN: Wednesday, April 13 at 3PM
WHERE: UTS Theatre Lounge
WHAT: Want to join our exec team? Check the email we sent about the SGM for more details!
WHERE: Theatre Lounge (Building 1 Lvl 3)
Wednesday Art Class
Friday Fun & Games
Continue reading ▷
It’s time again for the ANIMAZING RACE. Last year it was a high intensity struggle that claimed the lives of many. This year will test your willpower to continue. Many teams will enter but only one can become Hokage.
We will begin at UTS at 11am Sunday 3rd April. You will split into teams and can go at your own pace to complete the race. So you should all sprint to the finish. Since there are awesome prizes to win. The race will end in CB02.04.23 at 5pm and afterwards we will go for a well deserved dinner!!
*more details will be posted soon*
When: April 3rd
Sign up on the FB event!
4-KOMA COMIC ZINE~ ۫( ˶´ ▿۟ `˵˴ )۫
Hey guys :) we’ll be producing a 4-koma/yonkoma/4コマ漫画 zine in the coming semester and we’re looking for ALL MEMBERS, artistic or not, to contribute!
For the longest time, our mascots Miki and Panda-san have been nameless and mysterious :( but that’ll all change with your help! You can submit 4-komas for our club zine by contributing either to the backstory of Panda-san and Miki, which you can check out underneath, or you can create a gag using our generic (but equally important) panda mascots! We’ve provided a 4 panel template, so make sure not to go over or under the limit – that’s part of the challenge :P
For those who don’t know what a zine is, click here :) And for those who don’t know what a 4-koma or 4 panel comic is, click here (think The Peanuts, Lucky Star, or Gekkan Shoujo).
- Keep it PG-13
- Be sensible with copyright :)
- You can contribute to the story of the Panda-san and Miki, or you can draw a skit that includes the anime@UTS panda ۫( ˶´ ▿۟ `˵˴ )۫
- Use the 4 panel template provided, either digitally or printed out – or you can wait til our Wednesday art event and draw on our provided templates
- Don’t go under or over 4 panels
- Give it a go – if you really REALLY aren’t comfortable with drawing out your great idea, contact us and we can draw your idea for you.
- Use the character references if possible but it is fanart, so as long as it’s recognizable it’ll fine :D
- Colour is allowed, but we will be printing our zine in black and white so keep that in mind
- You can submit a max of 4 comics. Message us if you have too many awesome ideas and want to get them all out though :3
- We will be selling and distributing these in print and online, so be sure you’re fine with us using your work before submitting
- References to anime, manga or pop culture in general is fine, but not too many in-jokes please
- If submitting digitally, please keep the template the same size, and submit different strips as individual pdfs (NAME_animezine.pdf)
- If submitting on paper, scan it at 300dpi minimum or give it to an exec at an event
- Self promotion is totally encouraged, so email us with the filled in file, your name, the name of the strip and website links (if any)
All members who contribute will get a free copy of our completed zine :) submit your zine to email@example.com or email us/message an exec for more details :)
Check out the FB event too ;)