- NERD CAVE FUNZ
- 27th August; 12pm-10pm
- Location: The Nerd Cave
- 月 Monday Screening
- Time: 15:00–18:00; Location: Theatre Lounge
- 水 Wednesday Screening
- Time: 15:00–17:00; Location: CB11.03.400
- 木 Thursday Etch and Jam
- Time: 17:00–19:00; Location: CB05B.03.018
- 金 Friday Game&Funs
- Time: 14:30–18:00; Location: CB11.03.300
Got something to share? See the lovely artworks produced by our members during Artjams, they’re a creative bunch even if they don’t know it! Whether you’re into anime or manga, the discussions about anime and/or manga art will keep you engaged!
Tsu’s Papercraft Corner – HMC WIP pictures and Recommendations
Howl’s Moving Castle construction photos Day 1 => Day 3
Before our next ArtJam here are some jap/anime recommendations of papercrafts that you guys can print and build on the day. These would be ranging from easy to super difficult. e.g NYAN CAT
Continue reading ▷
Anime@UTS – ArtJam
As uni approaches with dazzling speed (tomorrow as of writing this) all looks a little bleak and boring… Then out of nowhere comes ArtJam, Anime@UTS’s art event, to save your sanity and giving you a good reason to get through the first week.
The second of our O-Events, ArtJam, is more than meets the eye… actually, it is pretty straight forward. Come join us and do something artistic, be it drawing, painting, prepping cosplay, papercraft, mecha building, or digital art, get involved and show it off to the rest of the club. Then comes the Jamm’n – hang out and play games… and eat jam filled sandwiches.
Details, Details, Details
– Location: CB02.07.06 aka UTS Building 2, level 7, room 6
– Time: 11am start – show up when you want to, how you want to
– Free Stuff?: You never know~ :p
Join Us on FB and Twitter
– Our Fan page – http://www.facebook.com/utsanime – Like it!
– Our Group – http://www.facebook.com/groups/9632235667/ – Join it! (important to know about events)
Tsu’s Papercraft Corner – Giveaway and recommendations
Hello new members (and old who visited the stall yesterday)! I hope that UTS Oday treated you all well.
As you can see from the title this post involves a giveaway. Those who visited the stall yesterday should have notice this …:
Yes, I am giving away my Howl’s Moving Castle.
By just showing up on Saturday at our Meet and Greet event this Saturday (25 Feb) some
unfortunate soulone will take this castle home. It is currently under maintenance with spot glue checks but here are a few facts about it:
- Took 4 days to complete
- Ingredients: PVA Glue, Paper and cotton thread
- Pre-built, it was a total of 26 sheets of A4 paper
- Has 240 individual parts joined together only by the 3 ingredients listed above. (I actually counted the Pre-built sheets)
- Tools used: PVA adhesive, scissors, ruler, self healing crafting mat, blunt hobby knife
So look forward to it :)
Also, before our next ArtJam here are some jap/anime recommendations of papercrafts that you guys can print and build on the day. These would be ranging from easy to super difficult.
Tsu’s Papercraft Corner – Day 1/2
Started: 18 February 2012 approx. 12:00am
Deadline: 22 February 2012
Days left: 3 1/2 Days
What it is? Howl’s Moving Castle
Picture It – Lazy Valentines Edition
Is it me, or do these get shorter? A belated Valentines Day on my part, but I hope you all enjoyed the day none the less.
What is below not as fine as the specimens from yesterday, but none the less, each has their own art style that they prefer, and you’ll see much more uniquely styled art on this site in weeks to come, so bear with me and my addled mind and my limited thought process for now.
Here’s Nyanko-sensei celebrating yesterday with what he likes doing best:
Continue reading ▷