4-KOMA COMIC ZINE~ ۫( ˶´ ▿۟ `˵˴ )۫
Hey guys :) we’ll be producing a 4-koma/yonkoma/4コマ漫画 zine in the coming semester and we’re looking for ALL MEMBERS, artistic or not, to contribute!
For the longest time, our mascots Miki and Panda-san have been nameless and mysterious :( but that’ll all change with your help! You can submit 4-komas for our club zine by contributing either to the backstory of Panda-san and Miki, which you can check out underneath, or you can create a gag using our generic (but equally important) panda mascots! We’ve provided a 4 panel template, so make sure not to go over or under the limit – that’s part of the challenge :P
For those who don’t know what a zine is, click here :) And for those who don’t know what a 4-koma or 4 panel comic is, click here (think The Peanuts, Lucky Star, or Gekkan Shoujo).
- Keep it PG-13
- Be sensible with copyright :)
- You can contribute to the story of the Panda-san and Miki, or you can draw a skit that includes the anime@UTS panda ۫( ˶´ ▿۟ `˵˴ )۫
- Use the 4 panel template provided, either digitally or printed out – or you can wait til our Wednesday art event and draw on our provided templates
- Don’t go under or over 4 panels
- Give it a go – if you really REALLY aren’t comfortable with drawing out your great idea, contact us and we can draw your idea for you.
- Use the character references if possible but it is fanart, so as long as it’s recognizable it’ll fine :D
- Colour is allowed, but we will be printing our zine in black and white so keep that in mind
- You can submit a max of 4 comics. Message us if you have too many awesome ideas and want to get them all out though :3
- We will be selling and distributing these in print and online, so be sure you’re fine with us using your work before submitting
- References to anime, manga or pop culture in general is fine, but not too many in-jokes please
- If submitting digitally, please keep the template the same size, and submit different strips as individual pdfs (NAME_animezine.pdf)
- If submitting on paper, scan it at 300dpi minimum or give it to an exec at an event
- Self promotion is totally encouraged, so email us with the filled in file, your name, the name of the strip and website links (if any)
All members who contribute will get a free copy of our completed zine :) submit your zine to firstname.lastname@example.org or email us/message an exec for more details :)
Check out the FB event too ;)